Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bourke Update

Hi All,

Sorry it has taken so long to blog. School has been crazy and I have started my training with Bourke. He has been great and I have had a great time working with him. We went to the mall a couple of days ago. It was great to have him with me and be able to remember a conversation. One of my goals is to go to a restaurant with my husband and be able to hold a conversation. I am also learning Bourke is a huge clown. He was definetly making me laugh a couple of times. He is absolutely fascinated by escalators and spent a few minutes staring at them. We have also practiced commands, such as bringing me his leash, that will help with my balance problems. However, I have learned that he is definetly a boy. He is food motivated and will try to perform random behaviors to get food. One of the great things about working with Bourke is that my anxiety levels do decrease. I was able to go to the mall and not want to run immediately. I am not sure if my wallet will appreciate this fact. I am hoping in the next couple of weeks we can began helping me with my fear of uniformed male personnel. This is a huge safety concern, especially if I get pulled over, and needs to be taken care of as soon as possible. However, I have hope for my future canine friend to help me in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment